Just when you think the iPhone can’t get any better, it does. 10 Ways Your iPhone Can Save You Money highlights (in our view) the ten best apps for saving money with your iPhone. In this article, we targeted ways to reduce regular consumption items such as groceries, gas, electricity, etc. In the end we chose these 10 wonderful apps. Enjoy all of the savings!
10. Viggle (free app) – want to get free gift-cards for watching TV? Viggle will give you bonus points for checking in before watching TV. Simply download the app, signup (it’s free) and press the “V” on the iPhone app. Your phone listens to the show and (presumably) gives Viggle information that it then uses for valuable market research data. In return you get one point per minute of television watched. You redeem these points through your Viggle account. You’ll get gift-cards at places such as Starbucks, Best Buy, Hulu and more.
9. Gas Buddy (free app) – lets you check gas prices and find the cheapest gas in your area. Gas Buddy sorts by distance and price. Push one button and the iPhone’s internal GPS takes care of the rest. The iPhone will even map it for you!
8. Mint.com (free app) – this app gives you financial freedom. All of your bank accounts, credit cards, and other important financial information is captured at Mint.com. This app gives you a “dashboard” of your key financial information. You can check balances, see what’s being charged and analyze spending patterns several different ways: by type, by vendor, even against a budget. The best part is that Mint.com will consolidate history on credit cards AND debt cards linked to your checking and savings accounts so that you have one complete, no hassle, picture.
7. RedLaser (free app) – This is a comparison shopping app. RedLaser allows you to enter the product you are interested by keyword, product code, image, or (most used) by barcode! It then comparison shops and finds the cheapest online store for you.
6. GroceryIQ (free app) – Powered by Coupons.com, this app allows you to create grocery lists through scan or keyword search, then clip digital coupons (it knows what’s available based on your list). You then email them to yourself, print them and then head off to the grocery store.
5. NestMobile (free app) – Links with the Nest Learning Thermostat and allows you to control your thermostat from your iPhone. Last minute trip? Don’t heat or air-condition an empty house. Coming home early? Make sure your home is the right temperature for your early arrival.
4. Bulb Finder (free app) – Plug in basic information about your light fixture, light consumption and the bulb’s location in your home and Bulb finder will identify an energy efficient alternative to your current light bulb. It also tells you the average price of electricity in your area and your anticipated savings per year. The app gives you the expected price of the bulb, payback period and annual CO2 reduction.
3. Kill-Ur-Watts (free app) – this app links to your electricity provider and allows you to monitor your energy consumption by the month, week, day, even the hour. The app allows you to make better consumption choices by showing you exactly how you use energy.
2. AwardWallet (free app) – allows you to keep track of all of your frequent flyer, hotel, credit card and other rewards points directly on your iPhone.
1. SnipSnap (free app) – take a picture of your coupon and it will give you a barcode that you can use at the register. Never forget a coupon at home again!
What is your favorite iPhone app for saving money? Let everyone know in the comment section below!